Friday, November 09, 2012

Halloween - GW2 Style

Ex post facto Happy Halloween greetings to everyone!  I hope is was enjoyable.  My family always enjoys visiting all the neighbors, dressing as a favorite hero or character and spending time with friends and family.  I also had the double delight to experience the first Halloween celebration in GW2 and did I ever enjoy it. 
Note:  This is quaggan dressed as a charr.  Good costume!
Lion's Arch was decked to the nines!  I was amazed at how much it had changed.  The seahorse statues replaces with gargoyles, the hanging bat laterns, the carved pumpkins, the knarled trees, the lion fountain that deteriorated over time, lil asuran and quaggan trick-o-treaters and the genie's hang out converted to a huge glowy cauldron!  It was a huge visual feast and folks, and that's just the decorations in Lion's Arch.   In addition, there were two new PvP events that were a perfectly themed for Halloween: Reaper's Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition.  I only played Reaper's Rumble a few times but Lunatic Inquisition I played to death.  (did you catch the pun?  it was a good one)  I was the survivor more than a few times and when I played with folks who knew how to flank we defeated the villager soundly. 



That Asuran acid based cleaner may be a little too strong. 
Another thing I enjoyed was the staged feeling.  The story was presented in acts as a if players where watching or participating in a play.  I guess one could say it was a tension builder.  eerie doors appeared, Lion's Arch mysteries, a ghost appearing in the Krytan graveyard.  As things went on players could go in and explore the Mad King's lair and "Score ANet" for upleveling everybody to level 80 so everyone could enjoy the content.  In addition the slow destruction of the Lion's Arch fountain was a really creepy but intriguing invitation screaming for players to ask, "What is going on here?!" and I think it worked perfectly.  I have to add I like the fact that the fountain did not magically recover once Halloween was over.  An event happened, something was destroyed, something we liked but nonetheless its gone and something new will need to be put in its place.  It will be neat to see if if the fountain is just rebuilt or something different is put in its place.


Why does green glowy stuff  always mean dead things are involved.



I AM KING!!!  well, until I get KO'd.
Costume Brawl, oh how I loved costume brawl.  What an amazing idea-Comical PvP!  I loved the POW!, BAM!, KO! in comic caption form, it was like watching an ole episode of the 1960's Batman TV show.  My guardian was sporting a pirate costume and much fun was had by planting down a cannon and shooting everybody.  I think of everything that was available to us, I spent the most time doing Costume Brawl.




About the Clock Tower - didn't do it, didn't care.  I've read posts saying it was the worse thing ever to it was the beat thing ever.  I was having too much fun doing other thing.  




Some of my favorite lines -
Quaggan child dressed as a pirate:
Twick o'tweet! Twick o'tweet! Quaggan is piwating you! Give quaggan candy!
BooOOooty!  Quaggan will let you go now.  Tell everyone about the dwead piwate.
 
Asuran progeny dressed as a pilot and a cannibal looking for maximum candy acquisition:
Trick or Treat!  Fair warning, citizen.  It is in your best interest to give us all your candy.
Superlative!  Allow me to give you this bag.  It has unusual thingamabobs in it.
 
For Mad King Thorn jokes check out Shammanicmmo's video.  The audio is really low but it has subtitles.
 
If Halloween is a taste of what holiday events will be like, I'm going to be one happy person.  Below are a few screenshots to enjoy.
 
See you in Tyria!
Famil-Size Candy Corn!  You goin' down!

Fake door huh...drop me from 100 feet in the air huh...reeaaally funny Thorn.

Mad King says, "Wear flamming pumpkins!"

The Span redecorated.  The gargoyels were originally sea horses.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment